News from FABBS and the FABBS Foundation
- New NSF Director Addresses Budget, Interdisciplinary Research, and Science Education »
Ira Flatow, host of National Public Radio’s Science Friday, recently interviewed the new NSF Director, Subra Suresh, about NSF’s research mission and the impact of current budget challenges.
- OppNet Opens Career Development Opportunities for Mid-Career and Senior Researchers »
NIH is currently seeking applications from established, mid-career and senior investigators for short-term, mentored career development awards.
- Scientific Societies Urge Lawmakers to Fund Science »
FABBS has joined hundreds of scientific universities, organizations and societies in urging U.S. House and Senate leaders to maintain or increase fiscal year 2011 funding requests for the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health.
- President Asks for Review of Human Subjects Protection Regulations »
President Obama is seeking a review of federal regulations and international standards to determine if they adequately protect participants in research studies, both domestically and internationally.
- PCAST Responds to Joint Letter about K-12 STEM Education »
Earlier this year, we asked PCAST to affirm that all sciences are needed to address the nation’s many challenges - on November 10, 2010, we received a reply from PCAST.
- Making the Case for Science »
The election is over and all eyes are on the 112th Congress and its next steps. The country faces a $1.3 trillion deficit and given the gloomy landscape, the scientific community must be prepared to make its case.
- Call for Research Papers on Discrimination and Health »
The National Cancer Institute is seeking papers that highlight the results of recent research on discrimination in the health care setting for a special theme issue of the American Journal of Public Health.
- FABBS and FABBS Foundation Leaders Win APA Awards »
Morton Ann Gernsbacher, PhD, and Philip E. Rubin, PhD, were among the scientists honored at the American Psychological Association’s 6th Annual Science Leadership Conference.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Joel Cooper »
Joel Cooper, Professor of Psychology at Princeton University, is featured in the FABBS Foundation's program which honors eminent, senior scientists.
- Subra Suresh Confirmed as NSF Director »
The U.S. Senate has confirmed Subra Suresh as director of the National Science Foundation for a six-year term.
- NICHD Setting Research Vision for Next Decade »
The National Institute of Child Health & Human Development is seeking input from scientific, policy, and public health experts on creating an “ambitious but achievable” Vision Statement for the next decade.
- FABBS Twitter Feed is Now Live: Follow Us! »
FABBS now has a Twitter feed!