News from FABBS and the FABBS Foundation
- “Science and Subpoenas:” Researchers Concerned about Participant Confidentiality »
In Arizona, a battle is brewing over whether universities can withhold raw research data from discovery in a court proceeding in an effort to protect the confidentiality of research participants.
- NSF SBE Directorate Seeks Input on Research Agenda for Next Decade »
NSF Assistant Director Myron Gutmann invites the scientific community to “think boldly about future promises” for our sciences and to submit white papers that will address next-generation research challenges.
- FABBS Twitter Feed is Now Live: Follow Us! »
FABBS now has a Twitter feed!
- NIH To Host OPPNET Conference in October »
NIH will host a free, open conference on OPPNET, its trans-NIH basic behavioral and social sciences (b-BSSR) initiative, on October 28-29, 2010 in Washington, DC.
- NIH Launches Multidisciplinary Network on Health Disparities »
OBSSR is contracting with the University of Michigan’s School of Public Health to establish a Network on Inequality, Complexity, and Health (NICH).
- The Value of FABBS »
FABBS conducts advocacy on behalf of its member societies, interacting with federal science agency staff and Capitol Hill about research needs and opportunities in our sciences. Here we highlight an article written by a member of the FABBS Council of Representatives.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Lauren Resnick »
Lauren Resnick, EdD, Distinguished University Professor of Psychology and Cognitive Science at the University of Pittsburgh, is featured in the FABBS Foundation's program which honors eminent, senior scientists.
- NIH Announces New OppNet Funding Opportunities »
Ten new RFA’s are expected under OppNet for the coming year, three of which have been posted.
- Work Continues on NAS “Framework” Report »
A small group of behavioral and social sciences representatives had a chance to meet with NAS Board of Education staff, the Committee Chair, as well as representatives from the Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education.
- Appropriators Mark Up FY 2011 Funding Bills for NIH, NSF, and IES »
With campaign season gearing up, appropriations subcommittee chairs pushed to get spending bills through their respective bodies.
- FABBS and FABBS Foundation Launch New Websites »
We are pleased to share with you the new websites for FABBS and the FABBS Foundation. Our goal in creating these new sites was to link our two organizations visually and provide for the reader a user-friendly space to learn about FABBS advocacy activities and the FABBS Foundation efforts to educate the public about the sciences of mind, brain, and behavior.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Richard Atkinson »
Richard C. Atkinson, PhD, Former Director, National Science Foundation, Chancellor Emeritus, University of California, San Diego, and President Emeritus, University of California System, is featured in the FABBS Foundation's program which honors eminent, senior scientists.