News from FABBS and the FABBS Foundation
- FABBS and FABBS Foundation Launch New Websites »
We are pleased to share with you the new websites for FABBS and the FABBS Foundation. Our goal in creating these new sites was to link our two organizations visually and provide for the reader a user-friendly space to learn about FABBS advocacy activities and the FABBS Foundation efforts to educate the public about the sciences of mind, brain, and behavior.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Richard Atkinson »
Richard C. Atkinson, PhD, Former Director, National Science Foundation, Chancellor Emeritus, University of California, San Diego, and President Emeritus, University of California System, is featured in the FABBS Foundation's program which honors eminent, senior scientists.
- Robert Kaplan Appointed Director of OBSSR »
Robert M. Kaplan, PhD, has been selected to serve as Director of the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) and as NIH Associate Director for Behavioral and Social Sciences Research at the National Institutes of Health.
- OBSSR Hosts Workshop On Behavioral and Social Sciences and STEM Education »
The National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) brought together representatives from the White House Domestic Policy Council, the U.S. Department of Education, the National Sciences Foundation, NIH, scientific and education communities, and scientific societies to discuss the Administration’s priorities in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education and the status of the behavioral and social sciences within STEM education.
- Scientific Societies Respond to NAS Draft Report “A Framework for Science Education” »
The National Academy of Sciences released a draft report on July 13, 2010, that provides a “conceptual framework” to “guide the development of next generation standards for science education.”
- NIH Seeks Social and Behavioral Scientists For Intramural Research Positions »
The National Institutes of Health is currently seeking scientists for tenure-track positions in its intramural program.
- APA Releases Report on Psychology as a STEM Discipline »
At its Annual Convention, the American Psychological Association released a report, Psychology as a Core Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Discipline.
- Subra Suresh Confirmed as NSF Director »
The U.S. Senate has confirmed Subra Suresh as director of the National Science Foundation for a six-year term.
- Carl Wieman Confirmed for OSTP Post »
The U.S. Senate recently confirmed Nobel prize-winner Carl Wieman as Associate Director for Science in the White House’s Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- NICHD Setting Research Vision for Next Decade »
The National Institute of Child Health & Human Development is seeking input from scientific, policy, and public health experts on creating an “ambitious but achievable” Vision Statement for the next decade.
- National Science Board Report Releases STEM Innovators Report »
Nurturing the talents and abilities of America’s most gifted students from all demographic areas is critical in ensuring the nation’s future prosperity, a new report concludes.
- New Fiscal Year Approaches, Continuing Resolution in the Works »
On Friday, October 1, 2010, the 2011 fiscal year begins for the federal government.