News from FABBS and the FABBS Foundation
- HHS Proposes Changes to Human Research Protection Regulations »
The federal government is seeking comments on how to improve protections for human research participants, while also facilitating research and reducing burdens on investigators.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Carol Dweck »
Carol S. Dweck, PhD (Stanford University) is now featured in the FABBS Foundation's program which honors eminent, senior scientists.
- NIGMS Seeks Applications for Short Courses on Mathematical, Statistical, and Computational Tools In Biological and Behavioral Research »
The National Institute of General Medical Sciences is encouraging applications for Research Education Grants (R25) to conduct workshops and short courses that aim to improve the integration of mathematical, statistical, and computational approaches in biological and/or behavioral research.
- The Ups and Downs of Science Funding »
Both the U.S. House and Senate are identifying ways to move FY 2012 appropriations bills through their respective chambers. This year, the strategy may be to package small groups of spending bills or “minibuses” for votes, rather than bringing all remaining spending bills (an omnibus bill) to the floor as a whole.
- Congress Rolling Out Continuing Resolution as Agencies Prepare for Cuts »
On Sept 14, 2011, House appropriators introduced a Continuing Resolution (CR) that will fund government programs from October 1 through November 18, 2011. Passage of the CR is expected in both the House and Senate this week.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Richard Anderson »
Richard C. Anderson EdD (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign) is now featured in the FABBS Foundation's program which honors eminent, senior scientists.
- Science Journalist Sought for FABBS Foundation »
The FABBS Foundation, established in 2004 to support the educational mission of the Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences (FABBS), is entering a new period of growth. In 2011, the FABBS Foundation launched a fundraising campaign to hire a science writer who can assist the organization in building its public outreach strategy.
- New Leaders Elected to FABBS Board »
The FABBS Council of Representatives, consisting of scientists from the twenty-two scientific societies represented by FABBS, has elected four new members to serve on the FABBS board.
- NIH Announces OppNet Funding Opportunity »
The NIH Basic Behavioral and Social Science Opportunity Network (OppNet) announced a new RFA, Basic Research on Decision Making: Cognitive, Affective, and Developmental Perspectives.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Howard Gardner »
Howard Gardner, PhD (Harvard University) is now featured in the FABBS Foundation's "In Honor of..." program which honors eminent, senior scientists.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Claude Steele »
Claude M. Steele, PhD (Stanford University) is now featured in the FABBS Foundation's program which honors eminent, senior scientists.
- Robert Feldman to Serve as President-Elect of FABBS Foundation »
The FABBS Foundation is pleased to announce that Robert (Bob) Feldman (University of Massachusetts Amherst) will serve as President-Elect beginning in January 2012.