News from FABBS and the FABBS Foundation
- NIGMS Releases Draft Strategic Plan for Biomedical and Behavioral Research Training »
The National Institute of General Medical Sciences is seeking comments from the public on its draft strategic plan for training in the biomedical and behavioral sciences.
- NSF Posts SBE 2020 White Papers »
NSF’s Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate launched “SBE 2020” in August 2010 and recently posted submissions to its website.
- Appropriations Committees to Begin Cutting »
After a one-week recess to allow Members of Congress to spend time in their districts, the new House majority will get started in earnest on reducing non-security, discretionary spending.
- NSF Director Discusses Outlook for NSF in the New Year »
Subra Suresh, NSF’s new Director, met with numerous scientific society and university representatives on January 18, 2011, to share his thoughts on NSF’s direction and to answer questions.
- NIH’s Center for Scientific Review Makes Changes »
NIH is realigning and reorganizing its study sections to “reflect changes in the science.”
- Uncertainty Abounds in Fiscal Future »
The new House majority, eager to fulfill campaign promises, has begun the rollout of weekly bills to cut spending.
- SAGE Publications Launches Social Science Blog »
SAGE Publications, a corporate affiliate of FABBS, has launched a new blog, Social Science Space.
- FABBS Foundation Honors Elizabeth and Robert Bjork »
Elizabeth Bjork, PhD and Robert Bjork, PhD (University of California, Los Angeles) are now featured in the FABBS Foundation's program which honors eminent, senior scientists.
- National Research Council Announces New Board »
The NRC's DBASSE recently announced that its Committee on Human-Systems Integration has been elevated to the status of a Board.
- Hauser to Serve as Executive Director of DBASSE »
Ralph Cicerone, President of the National Academy of Sciences, announced on February 22, 2011, that Robert Hauser has been appointed Executive Director of the National Research Council’s Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education (DBASSE).
- ABC News Highlights Human Factors Research »
Graduate students from George Mason University took a driving simulator used at a FABBS Foundation event to a local DC-area school with surprising results.
- Limits Set for House Appropriations Subcommittees »
Rep. Harold Rogers, Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, announced limits for the House Appropriations Subcommittees to use when determining funding for programs under their jurisdiction.